Wednesday 20 January 2016

Magazine advert text

There are a few common things found on magazine adverts. I picked out the ones I wanted to use on mine from existing products.

1) Release Date or 'Out Now'
I chose to use 'Out Now' because I wanted to be able to brag about the ratings iot received which would only be possible if the song had been released

2) Star Ratings
I chose to use this as a way of promoting my artist. This is common amongst new artists that have not made a name for themselves yet. I chose Daily Mail and The guardian as I saw them used on other existing products

3) Website
Most, if not all, of the adverts I saw included the artist's website. This way someone can easily find out more information about my artist. I kept my website simple by using my artist name and 'official' only.

4) Includes...
I chose to use this as it further promotes my title song 'how you like me now' I chose to write "Includes #1 Hit "How You Like Me Now"

5) Record Company
I chose Island records as my record label because the logo was simplistic and my artist would fit well amongst their existing ones such as Demi Lovato and Katy Perry.

6) Listening Platform
I chose play.com as my platform for listening to my song because the logo is minimalistic and I noticed it on a few other adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment